The CQC has recently released their report on the State of Social Care in the UK, which highlights:
• The majority of care providers at 77% are providing a Good level of service
• Only 2% of care services being rated achieve an Outstanding certification.
• 2% of care services are currently rated as Inadequate, and 19% of services are rated as Requires Improvement. That equates to 21%, over a fifth of the entire market is offering below standard delivery of care.
Too many services are not improving or seem incapable of improving. 38% retain their rating of requires improvement following re-inspection, despite knowing from CQC inspections what needs to change and 5% of these services had deteriorated. Community social care services (such as supported living and Shared Lives) were rated the best overall whilst nursing homes remain the biggest concern. Poor medicine management was highlighted as a key factor including poor administration, lack of knowledge, poor record keeping, lack of audits and incorrect storage.
These figures and findings will undermine the public’s confidence in the sector as a whole – a sector that we are becoming increasingly reliant on as our population ages and people’s needs at all ages become more complex.
So how do we move forward? How do we improve and develop care delivery to achieve that elusive OUTSTANDING certification?
Cura Systems offers you the solution.
Keep a transparent, easy to access audit trail of all your record keeping, Provide your care workers with the tools they need to know how to complete their tasks at the point of care delivery and ensure medicines are managed correctly.
Cura also helps you capture incident evidence and create meaningful bespoke management dashboard reporting. In the eyes of the CQC, if you didn’t record it, it didn’t happen.
How Cura helps you to meet the CQC’s inspection criteria:
• Safety – With the Cura medication module, drug rounds can be tracked throughout your care home as they happen, with automated mishap prevention mechanisms.
• Effectiveness – Access to your residents’ personal and medical records at the point of care allows the most efficient and personalised care to be delivered.
• Caring – Reducing the amount of time required on paperwork and administration, we can help you spend more time with your residents, armed with the appropriate knowledge of the service user and individualised care plans… even if the care provider is new to the service user. Cura helps to provide the evidence that the resident is at the centre of all decision making.
• Responsiveness – Set reminders for your care team to review care plans to ensure that they are always kept up-to-date and be instantly alerted if there are any issues with your residents’ health or safeguarding. Evidence that residents and families are involved in how they wish care and support to be delivered.
• Well-led – Your care workers will feel well supported by the management team. Tracking of training, improved communication through our Discussion module, better rota scheduling and other features will greatly improve leadership capability and service delivery.
Prove you are OUTSTANDING. We provide care homes with the tools and support to improve your CQC rating.
Contact the Cura Systems team today. email@example.com. 020 3621 9111.
You can read the full CQC report here.